Iceland Travel - HDR Iceland Landscape Wallpapers
Wallpaper Resolutions : | 1280*800 | 1440*900 | 1680*1050 | 1920*1080p | 1920*1200 |
Iceland Tourist Attractions:
The Blue Lagoon geothermal spa is one of the most visited attractions in Iceland. The steamy waters are part of a lava formation. Blue Lagoon is the milky blue thermal swimming pool near Grindavik, between the airport and Reykjavik. It is a good place to either end or start your trip to Iceland.
The lagoon is fed by the water output of the nearby geothermal power plant Svartsengi. Superheated water is vented from the ground near a lava flow and used to run turbines that generate electricity. After going through the turbines, the steam and hot water passes through a heat exchanger to provide heat for a municipal hot water heating system. Then the water is fed into the lagoon for recreational and medicinal users to bathe in.
Gulfoss Waterfall (Golden Falls)
Gullfoss (English: Golden Falls) is a waterfall located in the canyon of Hvita river in southwest Iceland.
Gullfoss is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the country. The wide Hvita rushes southward. About a kilometer above the falls it turns sharply to the left and flows down into a wide curved three-step "staircase" and then abruptly plunges in two stages (11 m and 21 m) into a crevice 32 m deep. The crevice, about 20 m wide, and 2.5 km in length, is at right angles to the flow of the river.
Geysir is where all the geysers in the world get their name from. Since 1294, when the big Geysir first erupted it has been one big geothermal active place. Geysir (sometimes known as The Great Geysir), in the Haukadalur valley, Iceland, is the first geyser known to scholarship.
- 2. Iceland Blue Lagoon Wallpaper - Blue lagoon geothermal hot springs, Iceland
- 3. Iceland Blue Lagoon Wallpaper - Blue Lagoon Geothermal SPA, Iceland
- 4. Sunrise over the Lake Wallpaper - Iceland Landscape, Iceland Tourist Arrtactions
- 5. The Edge of Iceland at Sunset - Iceland Landscape, Iceland Tourist Arrtactions
- 6. Iceland Grindavik Lighthouse Wallpaper - Grindavik Lighthouse Built in 1939, Iceland
- 7. Iceland Lighthouse - Alone in Winter Against the World, ICeland
- 8. Steam rising from the ground, Iceland - Iceland HDR landscape Wallpaper
- 9. Snow Covered Gullfoss Waterfall,Iceland - Iceland Winter Gullfoss Fall Wallpaper
- 10. Silent River and Deadly Storm in Iceland - HDR Iceland Landscape Wallpaper
- 11. Morning Skaters in Iceland - HDR Iceland Landscape Wallpaper
- 12. Snow Covered Gullfoss Waterfall, Iceland - Gulfoss Golden waterfall Winter snow, Iceland
- 13. Snowy Waterfall Crevice, Iceland - HDR Iceland Winter Landscape
- 14. Reykjavik Streets at Dusk, Iceland - Iceland Travel Photos
- 15. The Icy Stream Above the Gullfoss Waterfall, Iceland - Iceland Winter Landscape
- 16. Snowy Gullfoss Waterfall Wallpaper - Snowy Gullfoss Golden Waterfall in Iceland
- 17. Iceland Travel Photos - Frozen Pond Reflecting the light at night
- 18. Snowy Gullfoss Waterfall,Iceland - Iceland Gullfoss Golden Waterfall Wallpaper
- 19. Iceland Travel Photos - The Calm Geyser, Quiet Geyser in Iceland
- 20. Iceland Travel Photos - The Geothermal Genie,Geothermal Steam on Ground
- 21. Iceland Travel Photos - The Geothermal Steam from Ground, Iceland