Sky high adventures : Hot air ballooning
Wallpaper Resolution(s) : | 1024*768 | 1280*800 | 1280*1024 | 1440*900 | 1600*1200 | 1680*1050 |
Hot air ballooning is the activity of flying hot air balloons. Attractive aspects of ballooning include the exceptional quiet (except when the propane burners are firing), the lack of a feeling of movement, and the bird's-eye view. Since the balloon moves with the wind, the passengers feel absolutely no wind, except for brief periods during the flight when the balloon climbs or descends into air currents of different direction or speed.
How high do hot air balloons go?
A typical commercial pleasure balloon flight reaches anywhere from about 500 feet to as much as 3,000 feet altitude above ground level, although flights up to 10,000 feet are possible. Helium balloons using very specialized equipment, including fully enclosed, pressurized cabins, have exceeded 100,000 feet in altitude. The altitude record for hot air balloons is 65,000 feet.
How fast does a balloon go?
That's a deceptively simple question. The answer is that the speed at which balloon moves depends on the speed of the winds at a given altitude. By the way, since you are moving with the wind, you don't feel any wind during your flight. The sensation is very much like floating!
- 2. Hot air balloons rising into blue sky
- 3. Hot air balloon rides pictures
- 4. Colorful hot air balloons in sky
- 5. Cartoon shaped hot air balloon
- 6. Hot air balloons low angle shot
- 7. Hot air balloon festival
- 8. Hot air balloon rides photos
- 9. Hot Air Balloons Hight in the sky
- 10. Colorful hot air balloons rising into sky
- 11. Colorful hot air balloons in sky
- 12. Colorful hot air balloon envelopes
- 13. Colorful hot air balloon envelopes