Sky high adventures : Hot air ballooning
Wallpaper Resolution(s) : | 1024*768 | 1280*800 | 1280*1024 | 1440*900 | 1600*1200 | 1680*1050 |
How do hot air balloons fly?
Hot air balloons are very simple in design, and use propane fueled burners to heat the air inside them and gain altitude. As we all know, hot air rises. Heating the air inside a balloon causes the balloon to lift. More flame makes the balloon go higher, and opening a special valve (the "parachute flap") at the top of the balloon releases the hotter air and slows its ascent, or allows it to descend.
How long does a normal hot air balloon ride last?
The average pleasure hot air balloon ride lasts around an hour, but some may go as long as three hours. The distance traveled depends on various factors such as piloting and wind conditions, but is usually around ten miles. Some professional balloonists have remained aloft for as long as three weeks, covering many thousands of miles in the process. In 1999, one such pair of adventurous souls travel led completely around the world in just under 20 days.
When is the best time to take a hot air balloon ride?
Cool weather is always preferred to hot weather, so spring and fall are ideal. Regardless of the season, most pilots prefer to fly either just after dawn or just before dusk, since these times offer cooler air and the calmest and most favorable wind conditions for hot air ballooning.
- 23. Hot air balloon festival, flying hot air balloons
- 24. Hot air balloons rising into sky
- 25. Hot air balloons during inflation
- 26. Hot Air Balloon ride
- 27. Hot air balloons during inflation
- 28. Hot air balloons during inflation
- 29. Sky diving - hot air balloons flying in the sky
- 30. Sky Sail Hot Air Ballooning photos
- 31. Sky Sail Hot Air Ballooning
- 32. The Envelope of hot air balloons
- 33. The envolope of hot air balloon
- 34. Top of hot air balloons during inflation